- Comprehensive fee banding
- A fee of 0.35% if you invest £7,500 or less
- For accounts holding between £7,500 and £250,000 the fee is 0.35%
- For accounts holding more than £25,000 but less than £1 million, the fee is 0.20%
- On account of £1 million or over will pay a maximum of £2000 per year
- You can open an account from £50
- There is no current service fee on cash within an account
Fidelity boasts a wide variety and a long list of possible. These include:
- Over 3,000 funds available to choose from
- UK based shares
- Both investment trusts and exchange-traded funds
- Expert sources to support your investment solutions
The customer service features of Fidelity as a platform include:
- Online inquiries
- Telephone support
- A bricks-and-mortar Investor Centre in Central London
Research & tools available
Fidelity's website has lots of helpful resources to support prospective investors, including:
- Their website is full of lots of helpful information, including a "Guidance and tools" section.
- This includes guidance about investing in general, as well as how to choose an account
- "Invest for Life" video resources
Is "Fidelity" The Best Place For Your Child's Junior ISA?
For this tax year (2020/2021) you can invest up to £9,000 in a tax-free wrapper for your child’s future in a Junior ISA.
If you’re looking to set up a JISA (Junior ISA) at Fidelity, then you need to know what costs, choice, customer service and research tools you can expect to get by going with this provider.
The charges associated with a JISA at Fidelity are:
- A fee for exchange traded investments, there is a cap on the fee of £45
- On investments less than £7,500, the fee is 0.35%
- On investments of £7,500 - £250,000 is 0.35%
- On investments between £250,000 - £1 million is 0.20%
- On investments more than £1 million is 0.20%, capped at £2,000 per year.
- Some funds may have specific charges like bid-offer spread, performance fees or fund manager fees
In terms of fund choices, much like the standard ISA, you can choose from:
- Over 3000 funds, so you have plenty of options
- Many UK options
- Investment trusts
- Exchange-traded funds (ETFs)
The customer service for JISAs is the same as the customer service provided for general ISAs. They also provide FAQs specifically tailored to the JISA product, so you can look there for information. This also includes Investment ideas, which can be helpful for a first-time investor.
Research & tools available
Fidelity has a page on their website specifically dedicated to JISA accounts, which contains lots of information you may want to look at before opening a JISA with this provider. This includes:
- Their charges
- Investment options
- Contact information