Compare FTSE 350 Index Tracker ISAs
Find the best FTSE 350 index tracker ISA to invest this year’s tax free allowance.
Investment ISAs put your capital at risk & you may get back less than you originally invested
FTSE 350 Tracker
- Fund Choice: Tracks FTSE 350 Index. Capital at risk.
- Invest From: £25 pm
This is a low cost FTSE 350 tracker fund with a 0.16% pa annual charge. The aim of the Fund is to seek to achieve capital growth for investors by tracking closely the performance of the FTSE 350 Index.
FTSE 350 Index Tracker Fund ISAs
Investing in FTSE 350 Index tracker investment funds in the UK have become increasingly popular due to increased awareness of investment costs associated with active managed funds over time which do not always perform better.
Why Invest In The FTSE 350 Index Tracker Fund Within An ISA?
Some things to consider include:
- Are you looking for a UK tracker fund – Tracker funds in the UK typically follow the FTSE 100 or the FTSE All-Share.
- What am I investing in? – You typically buy into all the companies that make up the FTSE 350 Index. These are predominantly UK-based and comprise the constituents of the FTSE 100 and FT250 Indices, combining the largest 100 companies and the following 250 largest companies by capitalisation. You can see a current list here at the stock exchange.
- Who provides FTSE 350 UK tracker funds? – You can access via fund supermarket platforms, including Hargreaves Lansdown offers a platform where you can invest in a range of Tracker options as well as Fidelity International who offer a range of low-cost ETF tracker funds.
- Charges – The lower, the better. The good news is that, unlike managed funds, most tracker funds have no initial or exit fees. For international trackers, you may have to pay a bit more.
- Some providers have a simple interface with a clear copy about each investment and its past performances. Make sure you find one that you find easy to use, helpful and clear
Over the last decade, the costs of investing in tracker funds have decreased considerably. Shopping around to find the right tracker fund for you makes sense.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are index tracker fund ISAs safe?
Index tracker funds are just as safe as any other type of Stocks and Shares ISA. They are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and covered by the FCSC scheme. However, your investments can do down in value.
Will I be charged for opening a FTSE 100 Tracker Fund ISA?
You usually aren’t charged for opening your account but may be charged dealing fees for buying your tracker fund and ongoing fees for holding it.
How much money can I put in an index tracker fund ISA?
You can contribute up to £20,000 to an index tracker ISA in the 2023/24 tax year. Your annual allowance refreshes each tax year.
How do I apply for an index tracker fund ISA?
You can open an index tracker fund ISA online, over the telephone or by post.
You will need to add money to open your account, either by debit card payment or via a Direct Debit contribution.