F & C Junior ISA
Junior ISAs are a great tax-efficient way to save for your children’s future. Launched in November 2011 by the Government, they offer easy tax-free savings and investments. Each child is able to have one Cash ISA and one Stocks and Shares ISA at any time. Transfers are permitted between cash and stocks and shares Junior ISAs, or to another Junior ISA provider.
If a child already has a Child Trust Fund, they cannot also have a Junior ISA. They are however able to transfer a Child Trust Fund into a Junior ISA.
Transferring involves filling in a form and sending it to your new provider, they will take care of the rest.
F&C Junior ISA Features
F&C can trace its roots back to 1868, when it launched Foreign & Colonial, the world’s first investment trust. In 2014 they became part of BMO Global Asset Management, and ultimately the BMO Financial Group, which has been helping millions of customers meet a spectrum of financial needs for almost 200 years. They have over 25 offices in 15 countries around the world.
- You can invest from as little as £1 per day – The minimum deposit F & C require is £30 per month. Alternatively you can invest a lump sum of £250 (after an initial first investment of £500). This means you can top up your child's account in the way that best suits you.
- You will have access to their select range of 11 investment trusts - their investment trusts offer a range of asset types including: equities, bonds, property and private equity, both in the UK and globally. These investment trusts all benefit from the skills and expertise of their fund managers meanig you can be secure in making the right choices.
- All the family can participate - Grandparents, godparents, friends and relatives can all contribute to the ISA making it an easy way for everyone to save.
- Tax-efficient savings - Neither you nor your child will pay tax on income or capital gains in the F&C Junior ISA so your child can make more of the money you've saved. The annual subscription limit for the 2017/18 tax year is £4,128.
- Long-term potential of stock market investing – you can take advantage of the benefits which investing in the stock market can bring. Whilst capital isn't guaranteed in the same way as in a cash ISA, there is a possibility of much higher returns.
- There is an annual charge of £25 plus VAT.
Who Can Open a Junior ISA?
ISAs can be opened by anyone who has parental responsibility for an eligible child. Management of the ISA passes to the child when they turn 16. However, funds remain inaccessible until the child turns 18, after which they can either withdraw the funds, or have their account roll over into an adult ISA.