Legal and General Stocks and Shares ISA
Legal & General Group plc, commonly known as Legal & General, is a British multinational financial services company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. Its products include life insurance, general insurance, pensions and investments
Why Choose a Stocks and Shares ISA?
Many people are turning towards investing in light of the ever falling interest rates offered by banks. While there are risks involved, you can generally expect a good rate of interest on your investments. With many account now offering managed portfolios for you, it is now easy for people to begin investing.
It’s relatively easy to transfer your Cash ISA in to a Stocks and Shares ISA or change ISA providers and can take around 30 days. It simply involves filling in a form but be careful of penalty charges from your current provider.
Check our tables for latest interest rates.
Legal and General Stocks and Shares ISA Review
You can invest your full ISA allowance of £20,000 into a stocks and shares ISA or choose to split your allowance with a Cash or Innovative Finance ISA.
- Invest either a lump sum or regular contribution from as little as £500 or £50 per month respectively
- No personal or capital gains tax on the income or profit your investment earns
- No initial charge or withdrawal fees, although other charges apply
Types of stocks and shares ISA
Legal and General have carefully designed a range of funds to choose from, which include the following types:
- Index-Tracker funds - An easy and popular way to invest that follows the performance of a particular stock market
- Actively Managed funds - A good way to invest in a particular sector or region
- Multi Asset funds - A range of funds that invest in other funds (a fund-of-funds) or funds where assets are made up of a portfolio of company shares, bonds and cash (a mixed investment range)
- Income funds - Invest in funds lending money to a government or company, in return for an agreed level of interest over a set period
- Property funds - A fund that invests in commercial property.
As with any investment, there are some risks involved. Your investment and income from it may fall as well as rise and profit is not guarantees, it is possible to get back less than you invest. It’s generally recommended that you investment for a medium to long, ideally five years.
This is a great account for people who are more experienced with investing as it offers a wide range of investments to choose from.