Investing for growth within your ISA allowance means that you will protect any returns from capital gains tax.
The Callable Deposit Plan
- Deposit Taker: Goldman Sachs International Bank
- Term: Up to 7 years
Why we like it: The previous issue of this plan had already proved popular - this latest release offers the potential for 7% p.a. interest, along with the same capital protection you would get with a traditional cash deposit.”
- Plan can be ended early by Deposit Taker
- 1.75% per quarter (7% pa) if plan ends early
- 2 x FTSE 100 Index growth if plan runs full term
- Capital protected product*
- Eligible for the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)
- If plan runs full term returns not guaranteed. You may only receive a return of your original capital
- Minimum investment £10,000
- If you withdraw your money during the plan you may get back less than you originally invested
Calculate your interest with this plan
Important Information: * The return of your initial deposit depends on the ability of the deposit taker (Goldman Sachs) to repay your money. Structured deposits offer you the potential to earn higher returns than you would with a regular savings account. Your returns are based on the performance of an index or commodity. If the investment does not perform well you may receive no income or capital growth, but you can be confident that your capital will be repaid. You have no access to your deposit during the term of the account, typically 3 to 6 years but your original capital will be repaid in full at the end of the term. In the event that the deposit taker is unable to repay your initial investment and any returns stated you may be entitled to compensation from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) depending on your individual circumstances.
FTSE 100 Enhanced Kick Out Plan
- Counterparty: Investec Bank plc
- Term: Up to 6 years
Kick out plans seem to attract particular interest when the market is at historically high levels since they can provide competitive returns even if the FTSE stays relatively flat with the potential for 9.60% annual growth.
- 9.60% for each year (not compounded) provided the FTSE 100 finishes higher than its starting value (subject to averaging)
- Potential to mature early, from year 1 onwards
- Available for ISA, ISA transfer and direct investment
- Capital is at risk if the FTSE 100 Index has fallen by more than 40% at maturity from it's initial level, in which case your initial investment will reduce by 1% for each 1% fall
- Minimum investment £3,000
- Product designed to be held for the full term
Important Information: Structured investment plans are not capital protected and are not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) for default alone. There is a risk of losing some or all of your initial investment due to the performance of the underlying investment. There is also a risk that the company backing the plan known as the Counterparty may be unable to repay your initial investment and any returns stated.