Best Stocks and Shares ISA
Picking the best Stocks and Shares ISA can be tough, there are plenty to choose from so it can be a little daunting. Particularly for people who are new to investing.
However, it doesn’t have to be that way and providers are constantly making it easier for people new to investing or people who are too busy to manage their funds.
Options now include: portfolios that are managed for you by experts, options which are risk assessed and filtered for you, and simple interfaces that provide lots of information to help people make clear investment choices.
Best for Fund Choice:
Hargreaves Lansdowne Stocks and Shares ISA offer over 2, 500 funds and a lot of advice in the form of newsletters and articles. If you need to learn more about investing, their website is a great place to start.
- You can access your money at any time
- 24/7 access to your account with online banking
- Invest with a financially secure, FTSE 100 company
- Open your ISA with a lump sum from £100, or start a monthly direct debit from just £25 per month
- Top up your account in just a few minutes with a debit card
Hargreaves Lansdown offer two types of Socks and Shares ISA:
This account offers a simpler way to invest. This account allows you to choose from six pre-built portfolios which allow you to choose your investment goal and level of risk. It’s perfect for people who are new to investing, currently lack the confidence to choose their own funds or simply don’t have time to research potential investments.
With this account, your portfolio is regularly rebalanced to increase performance.
This option allows you to invest in over 2,500 funds with no charge when you buy and sell funds. You will be able to choose from shares listed on the UK, US, Canadian and European stock markets.
Best for Ease of Use:
Axa Stocks and Shares ISA offers a wide range of funds but with an easy to navigate portfolio and descriptions on each fund page, Axa makes it easy for people new to investing.
Axa is also one of the cheapest options.
- A range of international and domestic investment choices
- Invest from as little as £50 per month or a lump sum of £500 or more
- Earn a variable rate of interest on any cash held in your ISA while you decide where to invest
- Take control of your own investments through our online service
- UK based customer support team
- 24/7 access to your account online or using their app
Best High Street Bank ISA
Lloyds Stocks and Shares ISA offer a simplistic design and a wide range of funds as well as managed funds for people looking for an easier option.
- Choose between their three managed funds to invest all or part of your annual ISA allowance: lower, medium, or higher risk and potential return
- Start investing from £100 a month, or if you are looking to invest an initial lump sum the minimum is £2,000. Alternatively, you can do both.
- Transfer money in from an existing cash or stocks and shares ISA and preserve the tax efficient status as long as you follow the correct procedure
- Use Internet Banking to monitor your Investment ISA’s performance, top up your investment, set up regular investments, or switch your money between their three managed funds
- You can sell all or part of your investment at any time and we won’t charge you a fee for doing so
Here are just some of the great options on offer within the Stocks and Shares ISA market. There are many others to consider. Please check our tables for comparisons and latest rates.