Barclays Investment ISA
Barclays is of the UK’s leading execution-only stockbrokers offering investors a cost effective and convenient way to make their own investment decisions. Barclays is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London. It has operations in over 50 countries and territories and has around 48 million customers.
Choosing an Investment ISA
There are many ISA providers and before committing to one product it’s good to explore the market as you can only open one new ISA of each type each tax year. It may be possible to transfer accounts, however, this could incur charges and leave you with less than you originally invested.
When looking for an investment ISA you may want to take minimum investment charges and the range of products it allows you to invest in in to account.
Use the tables on this website to compare a selection of different types of ISA from a selection of providers. Follow the links to find out more and apply.
Barclays Stockbrokers Investment ISA Review
- Customers can add up to £20,000 before 6 April 2021 and pay no Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax
- You can choose from over 2,000 funds, gilts and bonds
- Barclays allow you to earn interest on your money (on balances over £1,000) while you choose your investments
- There is no ISA admin fee, initial or dealing charges if you only invest in funds although fund-related fees do still apply
- Access research, market insight and online tools to help you make your investment decisions
- Online access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to monitor, top up and manage your money
- No account administration fee when you only hold funds, although fund related fees will still apply
- Barclays refund transfer-out costs charged by your previous investment service , up to £500
Barclay’s offer a great investment option and their pledge to refund transfer-out costs provides a smart way to transfer without losing out. They also don’t require that you already be a Barclay’s customer to use their ISAs.
About Investment ISAs
This form of account is not usually an investment its own right but it does provide you with a platform to invest from. These kind of accounts hold money for an individual to vest in qualifying investments such as government bonds and corporate bonds as well as shares and stocks.
They are generally available as either self-select ISAs that allow you to invest directly into stocks and shares or as collective investment schemes. Investment ISAs are referred to as ‘tax-efficient’ wrappers, as there is no capital gains tax to be paid on the gains made on investments held within the wrapper.
The main requirements to open a Barclays Investment ISA are that:
- You’re over 18
- You’re a UK tax resident
- You aren’t a US person
- You haven’t paid into an ISA (except a Lifetime ISA) with another provider this tax year.
It is important to remember that with this kind of option your capital could be at risk. The investments you make could go down as well as up in value, so you could get back less than the amount you originally put into the account.