Downing Crowd IFISA
from Downing LLP
- Term: typically 1 – 5 years
- Invest From: £100
Why we like it:
Downing is a long-established, FCA-authorised investment manager that brings over 25 years’ investment experience to debt-based crowdfunding. We launched the Downing Crowd platform in March 2016 and since then have raised over £40 million to support the growth of smaller UK companies, and repaid investors some £16 million of capital and £1 million interest (as at December 2017). To help manage risk, our Crowd Bonds are secured against existing assets, which means that if a borrower defaults on the bond, Downing, as security trustee, has the right to take control and use the net proceeds to repay some or all of the investors’ capital and interest.
Our monitoring fee is contingent on investors receiving their capital and interest being repaid in full.
Downing Crowd was recently awarded Best Investment Platform at the 2017 Growth Investor Awards, November 2017.
UK investors in Crowd Bonds can also now earn tax-free interest with our Innovative Finance ISA (IFISA). Capital at risk.
- Tax-free interest on your investments through the IFISA
- A range of fixed-term bonds to choose from
- Downing’s fee is contingent on investors getting their capital and interest back in full
- Capital at risk and returns not guaranteed
- No FSCS deposit protection
- Must be UK resident and over 18 years
Calculate your interest with this plan
- Protection Scheme: FSCS
- Fund Choice: Fully Managed Portfolio
- Invest From: Min. £500 single (+ £100 pm for ISAs below £5,000)
Vantage Stocks & Shares ISA
from Hargreaves Lansdown
- Trade From (frequent trader rate): £5.95
- Trade From (standard trader rate): £11.95
Why we like it: Online trading charges based on previous month's activity. 20+ trades made in previous month is £5.95 a trade. 10-19 trades are £8.95 a trade. Less than 10 trades it’s £11.95.
from Charles Stanley
- Investment Options: Invest from £50 per month or deposits of £500.
Why we like it: Charles Stanley Direct offers a Stocks and Shares Junior ISA with no initial charges or additional annual fees. Choose from a range of investments including shares, funds, gilts, bonds, investment trusts and ETFs.
- Term: 1-5 years
- Protection Scheme: Own Scheme
- Invest From: £10
- Currently 0% platform default rate
- Access to your capital
- Balance your level of risk
- Capital at risk
Fixed Income ISA
- Counterparty: Investec Bank plc
- Term: 5 years
- Protection Scheme: FSCS
- Invest From: £3,000
- 4.35% income paid regardless of the performance of the FTSE 100
- Monthly income
- Capital is at risk if the FTSE 100 Index falls by more than 40% at maturity, in which case your initial investment will reduce by 1% for each 1% fall
- An arrangement fee applies for this plan
- Product designed to be held for the full term
Important Information: Structured investment plans are not capital protected and are not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) for default alone. There is a risk of losing some or all of your initial investment due to the performance of the underlying investment. There is also a risk that the company backing the plan known as the Counterparty may be unable to repay your initial investment and any returns stated.